#12 – Fred Gillett, Military Man with 12 hours Left of Life
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose” – Romans 8:28
- Fred’s Darkest Time was when he was in the airforce – island (Shemya) in the bering sea. They faced a Tsunami 50 foot high at 12 mph with 12 hours left to live
- Drank as much alcohol as possible and had no relationship with God yet.
- Tsunami broke off shore and bypassed the island.
- Biggest weakness – what he wants vs what God wants
- Biggest strenth – prayer and relationship with christ
- Started going to church sometime after and even became an elder in the church but hadn’t truly found God yet. He didn’t believe the bible was the word of God.
- He started working with the kids and saw true miracles happening that were beyond his understanding. Thats when he started believing more.
- In 1970 He truly found God at a service when the pastor asked him to ask God for the understanding the Holy Spirit.
Recommended Book – Psycho-Cybernetics by Dr. Maltzs – We were formed in Gods image and why shouldn’t we be happy with that.
- Cybernetics is a greek word for Helmsman – when you realize that you are not guiding the ship you can allow yourself to understand that God is the helmsman.
- Fred considers his Church – people all around him. the building that he goes to is Shepherds Grove Church in Garden Grove.
- Best advice – Trust in the Lord with all your heart.
- God is beside you all the time. – If you didn’t introduce your friend to a person standing beside you then he would be mad. Imagine what God must think.
- Charity – TheTimothyCircle.org