#82 Changing From A Selfish Man To A Father – Jon Farkas
- During a dark time 23 year old Jon Farkas found the God’s Men of Influence podcast. After listening to the James & Teri Craft show and a drive he cried for 2 days. Since then he’s been listening and letting the testimony of men inspire him and open him up even further to God’s love. This is his testimony.So I tell you this, and insist on it in the Lord, that you must no longer live as the Gentiles do, in the futility of their thinking. They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, and they are full of greed.That, however, is not the way of life you learned when you heard about Christ and were taught in him in accordance with the truth that is in Jesus. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
- Biggest Weakness – Being judgemental of people. He looks at people as if he is better than, but is humbled when he finds he is not..
- Biggest Strength – The love of the father.
- Jon was adopted and grew up in an evangelical home, but it was dysfunctional. He never felt close to God.
- Jon feels emotionally disconnected to his adopted parents and therefore doesn’t feel like he belongs anywhere. He was always getting in trouble as a kid.
- Dark Time – The last few years he’s brought many self-destructive issues into his relationship. His girlfriend was very stable, but he was not. He was addicted to porn and was unfaithful. She got pregnant had the baby and then he was unfaithful again. He told her what happened and they separated. Jon ran away and got into other relationships and partied. His girlfriend moved away with his son and won’t let Jon be a part of his life.
- Jon went to Missouri where they are now living. He played with his son and began making excuses for not being there for him. On his drive back he found the God’s Men of Influence Podcast.
- He realized he was driving people away with his actions and has decided to surround himself with men who will hold him accountable.
- Jon thought he needed to separate from his son to get things right in his life, but now he realizes he needs to be with his son.
- His son’s mother wants him to give up his rights to be with his son, but he now he won’t.
- Jon considered ending his life, but thought about his son and now he wants to be the father he never had.
- Recommended Books: “How To Raise A Modern Day Knight” & “The Purpose Driven Life”
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.