#11 Ryan Miller How a boy went from using drugs and alcohol to become a Pastor
“But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin” – John 1:7
- Dark Time – parents divorce when he was young. He went 10 years without talking to his biological father. Ryan married but got entrenched in drugs, booze and gambling.
- Ryan was on the verge of divorce and almost cheated on his wife. Believes God stopped him and the next day he and his wife went to church and committed themselves to Christianity.
- Aha moment – a year later he realized he was slipping back to his old life. Was smoking pot with his daughter in the other room.
- Pride was getting in the way and he believed that he didn’t need God to help him.
- Baptized in 2007
- He directed his extreme behavior towards being a christian.
- Became a pastor 5.5 years after becoming a Christian.
- “Pastoring never stops, its best to stay open to whatever may happen” – Ryan Miller
- Ryan’s strength – care and love for people – connecting with people so he can spread the word.
- Ryan’s weakness – fighting pride and has a savior complex
- Tithes consistently. Money belongs to god
Recomended book: – Spiritual Disciplines for a Christian Life.
Favorite charity – night light christian adoption and www.forhisglorycc.org
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page. www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on iTunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.