#13 – Tom Bonds, being on the verge of divorce brought them closer to God.
“Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.” – James 1:12
- Weakness – Tom has a lot of trouble forgiving himself
- Strength – compassion and encouragement
- Dark time – almost divorced – felt hopelessness and despair. He was not living the life of the gospel,
- they were in a very social neighborhood. Abusing alcohol and spending time with the wrong people in the wrong places.
- He believed he was saved by Gods hand on him and a wife who believed in him.
- He had multiple aha moments that he ignored. The tipping point was during a counseling session that he realized that he was making generational decisions.
- Married for 25 years and 4 kids
- Recommended book – “Mere Christianity” CS Lewis
- Favorite charity – CA Showcase – puts together High School Football players with colleges
- Church – viewpoint church
- Baptized at 14 years of age
- Best advice – We are not alone… jesus is always with us.
- Family reads the same part of the bible separately but at the same time.
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page. www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on iTunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.