#37 How an Atheist became a Christian Pastor – Dr. Roger Tirabassi
God works miracles and this one is especially amazing. In this episode, Dino’s guest Dr. Roger Tirabassi tells the story of how he grew up to be a committed Atheist until, after a night of counseling himself over a failed marriage he heard the voice of God.
“A noble man makes noble plans and by noble deeds he stands” – Isaiah 32:8
- Biggest Weakness – Pride & Greed. Roger battles with his own ego and the world we live in.
- Biggest Strength – God has given him the drive and ability to be part of a team.
- Dark Time – 2 weeks after his wife said she wanted a divorce Roger went to a psychiatrist who gave him medications and wanted more. He then went to a psychologist who told him to start dating. He was never more depressed.
- A-ha moment – Roger counseled himself that night and as he started feeling better he heard God’s voice. The next day he went to church.
- Roger went back to school for his master’s and doctorate to become a counselor.
- Inspirational Person – Marvel was a secretary working with Roger. She kept quietly suggesting that there was more to life. Eventually Roger realized she was talking about God.
- Roger and Becky married and have been for 37 years. You must live the life of a Christian, it’s not enough to just say you are a Christian, you must be intentional.
- Best Advice – Don’t do it alone. Live your life with others and be part of a church.
- God doesn’t just call us to be saved, he calls us to be used. When you do what God means for you to do, you will be happy and fulfilled.
- God’s Men of Influence – Create disciples and know your gifts so that you can use them in service.
- Roger is a pastor at Viewpoint Church.
- Roger was baptized at 27
- Best advice given – stay humble
- Recommended Book – “Practicing the Presence of God” by Brother Lawrence
- Favorite Charity – Orange County Missions, FCA, Young Life
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out atwww.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.