#41 Crystal Meth, Blackouts, Hospitals and a Young Man’s Struggle – Connor Stephenson
A young man addicted to Crystal Meth and Bath Salts is dealing up to 500 pills of ecstasy at a time and doesn’t know how to break away. A very bloody blackout and hospital visit finally turns his attention to God. Listen to Connor Stephenson’s testimony from his really dark descent to his redemption.
“And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him” – Hebrews 11:6
- To keep what you have, you must give it away.
- Connor believes he was born as an alcoholic. At age 12 he took his first and felt like he belonged in the world. He started drinking whenever he could.
- By age 15 Connor was hanging with people in organized crime and started dealing ecstacy. He had 100 to 500 pills on him at all times and loved knowing everyone.
- Connor lived with a girl for 4 years in a drug riddled environment and was caught cheating on her. He was forced to move back to LA with his parents.
- Back in LA, he began dealing and found that bath salts could be sold as ecstacy pills.
- Soon Connor began doing Crystal Meth and things went badly quickly. He couldn’t stop, “Idle hands are the devil’s play things.”
- Connor’s crash came when he went to a friend’s house and stayed up all night doing meth and cleaning the apartment. When his friend woke up they went walking and he continued doing drugs, ran from a siren, blacked out and woke up in an alley bleeding. Thinking he was dead he wandered out of the alley and realized he was at the firehouse. He immediately asked them to take him to the hospital.
- In the ambulance he made a deal with God and said “there was no life with drugs that was worth living. Help me stop”. Later that day he called his mom and asked her to put him into a rehab program.
- Connor is now 8 months sober and driving for Uber, Lift & sidecar giving safe rides to those who need them.
- Biggest Weakness – He needs to find a church and stick with it.
- Biggest Strength – A certainty of God’s willingness to be in his life.
- GMOI – Be humble with all that you have and have faith in Salvation and Jesus.
- 760-846-8840 email@example.com
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out atwww.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.