#49 The Difference Between Success and Significance – Ted Cheng
- Ask yourself the question “What’s the Difference Between Success and Significance?” That’s what Ted Chang had to discover so that he could keep his family together. Ted had all the money and professional success that he could ever want, but at what cost?
“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all your ways submit to him,and he will make your paths straight” – Proverbs 3:5-6
- Ted has been married for 30 years, has two sons and has always been an entrepreneur. He is committed to learning to let God lead his life in business and family.
- Biggest Weakness – Very competitive When success happened in his career his relationship with God drifted.
- Biggest Strength – Ted’s ability to Study the Word and apply it in his life.
- Dark Time – When Ted started his business he had mortgaged his house and ended up one week away from missing payroll. His wife had a difficult time and was ready to leave him.
- Ted realized that his children saw everything, the good, the bad and the times he turned away from God.
- At age 52 after a tremendous amount of success, Ted realized that his life didn’t really mean much because his drive had taken over his family. He asked himself, “What’s the difference between success and significance?” Ted was a workaholic and knew his family was suffering.
- Ted dedicated his children to the Lord’s purpose and took it very seriously. God has looked after them and they’ve learned what it means to be a child of God.
- Today, Ted is the President of a restaurant group that is a franchisee of Pieology. It’s a Christian based business that is committed to reaching people with God’s Word.
- Recommended Book – “Halftime” – Bob Buford
- God’s Men of Influence – Declaring God’s power to the next generation through sharing and testimony.
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.