# 52 Five Tips For Practical Parenting – Mark Howerton
How do you discipline your child properly? Well, first you start from day one. If a child is not disciplined early, they begin to believe that their way is preferable and then they demand it. This erodes empathy and creates narcissism. If not kept in check, a narcissist heads their logical extreme and they become sociopathic. In this episode, licensed therapist Mark Howerton explains his 5 tips for practical parenting.
- Discipline Math – A+B = C
- A = Clarify Expectations
- B = Take the opportunity to Warn them
- C = The consequences if they don’t heed your warning
- The Parent’s State of Mind: CFCF – Calm, firm, consistent, follow through
- Choose Your Battles – There are many things we can and should ignore. We must remember that our children just want our attention, so lavish them with good attention or they will seek negative attention by acting out poorly.
- Say yes as much as possible, but when you say no mean it.
- Be a United Front – Be your spouse’s partner in the raising of your children. Have proactive standards that you adhere to.
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.