#15 Wing Lam – Wahoo’s co-founder raises millions for charity
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. – 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Co-founder of Wahoo’s Fish Tacos – 65 locations in 7 states
- Met his wife when a mutual friend was killed in a motorcycle accident.
- His biggest weakness is that he doesn’t attend church every Sunday.
- His biggest strength is that he is actively involved in many different charities and helping the less priveledged.
- Wing also works with churches and nonprofits teaching them how to market and bring in more money.
- His parents were Chinese/Brazilian Buddhists but he was eventually baptised Catholic.
- Moved to California when he was 14 years old.
- His dark time was after his divorce he realized that he could have done things differently. He realized that you get what you put into a relationdhip.
- Wing became interested in the Christian rock movement which eventually led him to attending Christian churches.
- His aha moment was when his friend Sanford said, “peoples ability to succeed in life is based on their ability to manage expectations.”
- “You can make or break someones day based on what you say to them.” – Wing Lam
- Chose to live and make the best out of whatever your situation is and going to church helps you do that.
- He goes to Friends Church in Orange, California
- The best advice he can give out is that you should treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Wing mostly prays in the morning or at night and while he is surfing.
He recommends the book – Don’t sweat the small stuff.
His favorite Charity is Surfrider Foundation.
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page. www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.