#16 Through Rehab and Prayer He Found Rigorous Honesty – Tony Swies
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
“There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love” – John 4:18
- John was a feaful person who’s fear manifested itself as anger and violence.
- Biggest Weakness – Moment by moment obedience
- John feels he is sinful by nature and must be in constant conversation with God
- Darkest Time – Divorce. Allowing himself to be deceived by his financial success John felt entitled to drink. After 8 years of sobriety, he found himself drinking in his car alone and his family imploded soon after amidst physical violence.
- Turning Point – Screaming match led to his wife leaving with his children. After many calls to her he dialed the phone and threatened suicide only to hear his son screaming on the other end.
- Becoming A Better Man – Alcohol had become his solution and when he became sober he had to relearn his life.
- Changing Influence – Pastor Bob confronted John at Rehab and taught him to be Rigorously Honest by not telling him to do anything, but rather he made suggestions.
- Best advice – Have a sense of urgency
- Favorite Charity – AA
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page. www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.