#17 Spiritual Growth Happened When He Looked Internally – Andrew Salter
“There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” – John 4:18
- Biggest Weakness – Being too busy which Andrew calls “burden under Satan’s yoke”
- Biggest Strength – Building Relationships and being intentional.
- Dark Time – Andrew felt broken and kept going to church and finding no answers.
- Andrew became a part of “Young Life” a worldwide non-profit. He was so moved by the joy and focus on God the members had that he found his purpose in serving Christ. Blog
- He asked Christ to enter his heart and felt an extreme calm.
- Best Advice – Take an honest look at your life. Pray to God to reveal your purpose and be patient and listen.
- To be a God’s Men of Influence you must be an imitator of Christ.
- Andrew prays in the morning and whenever he needs to talk with God.
- At age 22 he recommitted himself to Christ and was baptized on a backpack trip atop a glacier in British Columbia.
- Best Advice he was ever given – Be memorable, not for your own sake, but for God.
Recommended Books: My Utmost For His Highest – Oswald Chambers and Systematic Theology of the Bible – Wayne Gordon.
Favorite Charity – “Young Life”
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page. www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.