#22 Master of Divinity Does Bible Study With Inner City Gang – Gary Smith
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Proverbs 3:5-6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him and he will make your path straight.”
- Gary is retired and enjoys even more his fellowship with Jesus Christ.
- Blessed are those who do not see, but believe.
- Gary worked incredibly hard in business so that he and his wife could enjoy tithing.
- Biggest weakness – being quiet, still and patient so that he can take the next step and land on a rock.
- Biggest Strength – Aggressive love and the ability to push out in an uncomfortable arena.
- After Rodney King riots began bible study with the Crips. There was a lot of fear, but once Gary worked through it tremendous love took over.
- Gary was a believer since 1959 at 22 years old when he went to a meeting with a friend. He came forward crying to receive the Lord and found a purpose in life.
- Before he found the Lord he struggled with sex, pride and misunderstanding of what it meant to be to be a Christian. When he was first born again he spent 6 months alone with the Word of God.
- When he was fired from a small business he was running Gary questioned why and God told him to start a business. So many miracles happened to make it possible for him to start a business he could no longer question the Lord’s presence. When he takes a step, his foot always finds a rock.
- Advice – Call in the name of the Lord from a deep part of your heart and he will direct you. He is the light that guides you through your questions.
- God’s Man of Influence – make your insights obvious to others. The Lord Jesus Christ is the word of encouragement in the darkest times.
- Prays with his wife of 51 years years with clear intention.
- Tithing is a form of worship. Thank the Lord for our tremendous harvest. At one point he was giving 50% of net income away.
Recommended Book – “Encounter With God” – Morton Kelsey “Counter Culture” – David Plott
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.