#24 Actor, Singer/Songwriter, Artist & Man of God – Shawn Patrick Thomas
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus.” – Phillipians 2 3:5
- Shawn is 34 years old and knows who he is in Christ.
- Biggest Weakness – It’s too easy to be overwhelmed with wanting to save the world and overlooks day to day tasks.
- Biggest Strength – The compassion to connect with those who aren’t believers.
- Dark Time – Shawn was good at putting up a facade of the perfect life, but there was a lot of chaos. He had struggles with alcoholism in his family. There was a moment when 4 family members passed away within a 6 month period. Stories of trouble surfaced and a public family blow up made it obvious that it was systemic and he couldn’t hide anymore.
- A-ha moment – Weeks that followed the family blow up were difficult as he learned how to unpack the facade his family was living and be authentic.
- Shawn believes people have traumatic things happen, but everyone experiences hardship and to be able to struggle with those times among people who care really helps.
- In 2010 Shawn felt like a hamster on a wheel and felt God calling him out to embrace his fears. He went on a mission trip to South Africa and every expectation was met and exceeded.
- Advice – Listen to the Holy Spirit. He speaks clearly and will tell you what you need.
- Shawn attends Viewpoint Church & Evangelic Church of Garden Grove.
- Shawn was baptized at 13.
- Best advice ever given – Christianity is bigger than Jesus and me.
Recommended Book – “When the Church Was A Family” – Joseph Hellerman
Favorite Charity – Children of the Nations
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.