#25 Financially Broken Man Listens To God – Lance Powell
“I can do all things through Christ[a] who strengthens me” – Philippians 4:13
- Lance wanted his 15 year old son to know that God is here to help and he can ask for help at any time.
- We all feel immortal, but the Lord allows you to go out in the world and does little thing to bring you back to him.
- God said to Lance, give me your heart and I will give it back exponentially.
- Biggest Weakness – Trying to do it all on his own. It’s not his will that controls anything, it’s all up to God.
- Biggest Strength – Depending on God everyday and continually asking him for his blessing.
- Everything we learn in the secular world comes from the bible.
- Dark Time – Between 2009 and 2011, business wasn’t going well. Lance kept asking himself “What am I doing wrong?” He felt he was letting his family down. He was losing himself. He needed to surrender to his faith.
- Pivotal People – Lance’s friend Mike taught him that sometimes we are foxhole Christians and we must not forget what the Lord gives us. Dino helped him to remember tithing even when you’re having financial trouble. His wife said, “I would live in a shack with you.”
- Just when you need God, he steps up it is amazing what he can do. We forget to honor God in every way and it should be our number 1 thought.
- Advice – Pray more and worry less. Stop and ask God for forgiveness and be with like minded people. You can’t do it on your own.
- Release your pride and your guilt because it’s a weight that will drag you down.
- It’s so important to carry yourself as a role model because your kids mimic everything.
- Saddleback Ranch
- Lance was baptized at 14
- Best Advice Lance has ever been given – Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven and all things will come to you.
Recommended Book – “Think Big” – Ben Carson
Favorite Charity – Saddleback Peace Center
cell – 949-795-6646
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.