#27 Ex-homosexual man saved by God – Jim Domen Part 2
- Part 2 of this amazing interview with an x-homosexual who has found redemption in the Lord and his faith.
- “ From the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven has been subjected to violence,[a] and violent people have been raiding it.” – Matthew 11:12
- Jim’s dad’s approach was an inspiration and a way to truly show God’s grace. Father’s live the word of the Lord and sons will follow.
- A big influence was when Jim’s Dad said, “Jim stop making judgements on whether people are gay or not, just love them as people.”
- Jim did not step out while he was home, but instead he began calling Pastors and discussing his struggle. She was sharing what God had done and there was 1 who followed up with him and became his mentor. Steve Dewitt taught him to become the man to influence other men.
- Advice – Look for Godly men to influence you and walk with them.
- God’s Men of Influence – Help connect people with the truth about the Lord.
- A-Ha moment – The night he lost his apartment and bank account he gave himself to God. The next morning he found a $5.00 bill that bought him breakfast at Denny’s.
- In 2005 Jim began dating women. Wanted to find a woman who loved Jesus more than he did. He met his wife when his diploma was mailed to the wrong place. She spoke a passage from the bible and he could see Jesus in her eyes. Jim married her 9 months later.
- After meeting his wife, she went back and asked her mother if she should meet an ex gay man and she said yes.
- Jim’s church – Yorba Linda
- Baptized in Bermuda in 1997
- Best advice – Always turn to the Lord
- Men’s Group – Men of the Bible
- Tithing is God stewarding us to give. Listen to the Holy Spirit and give to where you’re guided. Jim coined the phrase “blessing money”, which is having cash in your wallet to give at a moment’s notice.
Recommended book: “Homosexuality: A New Christian Ethic.” by Elizabeth Moberly.
Favorite Charity – California Family Counsel
email – firstname.lastname@example.org