#70 Allowing God To Cure Cancer – Byron Hack
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Spending time with Jesus every day will change your life and no one knows that better than Byron Hack. Byron had strayed from his faith until he was diagnosed with testicular cancer at age 25. After being angry with God, he heard the voice to surrender and watched a miracle happen when he did.“Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, ‘Love your neighbor as yourself” – Luke 10:27
- Byron manages a software group and has been married for 26 years with 2 kids. He has been volunteering for Glad Tidings India since 2006.
- Biggest Weakness – Making time for Jesus every day as a first priority. Life is busy and Byron lets it get in the way.
- Biggest Strength – Raised in a Christian home and has a good foundation of scripture. The last few years he’s been able to trust God more and more.
- Dark Time – In high school and college Byron had turned away from God. When he met his wife Kathy she was a Christian and prayed to God for him to find his faith. Byron was diagnosed with testicular cancer and could’ve been dead very soon. During this time he started asking God why this was happening. He bought a student bible and started reading again.
- After surgery and chemotherapy and Byron was waiting on results and trying to decide about their wedding. He and Cathy got into a massive fight and he begins yelling at God. His bible reading for the day was about the last supper. The disciples don’t understand why Christ must suffer. The Holy Spirit hit him and said “you turned away from me and it’s time you surrender to me.”
- Byron had a breakthrough, surrendered and called Cathy who couldn’t be happier.
- That following Monday his number was 0 so that he was able to do the final 2 rounds of Chemo and plan his wedding.
- Byron believes that God just wanted to wake him up to his faith. The Lord blessed him with 2 healthy kids.
- As you start a family you worry about the future and take things into your own hands instead of trusting God. Byron began owning Real Estate and it went well for a while until the crash. The lesson was don’t try and build your own kingdom by yourself, put your trust in the Lord.
- The hypocrisy of some Christ followers made Byron question his faith as well as thinking that God was barring good people from salvation who weren’t believers, but he learned to look at it as Jesus guiding people to the way to survive.
- Advice – It’s OK to be angry with God, but don’t blame him, ask him for guidance.
- Gods Man of Influence – Love God, Love others and share the joy.
- Recommended Book – “Clay in the Potter’s Hand” by Diana Pavlac Glyer
- Recommended Book – “Seeking Allah Finding Jesus” by Nabeel Qureshi
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.