#72 God Doesn’t Deal In Falsehood – Pastor Harry Robinson
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Pastor Harry Robinson is a man who has walked a journey long enough to trust God. The truth is that God will be found when he’s needed and in dark times we must look for him more closely than ever.“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast” – Ephesians 2:8-10
- Harry believes we all must remove our masks. God doesn’t deal in falsehood.
- Biggest Weakness – Harry is clearly aware that he struggles with walking according to the flesh.
- Biggest Strength – Trusting in the Lord. When he walks in the spirit of God, great things happen. He’s a constant companion.
- Dark Time – In his teenage years he experienced dark times, but also came to know God. Harry started smoking Marijuana and understood that this was not what God wanted him to do. There was never peace until he completely surrendered to God. After a bankruptcy and having children, he asked God “what will you have me do?”
- In college Harry used to pray “Lord, don’t let me stray too far”
- Harry believes that for what God wants from him the darker days may be ahead. He believes he will be asked for things on the next level and the struggle will help him to become the man he needs to be.
- When Harry and his wife had their first child, they started attending church together. The leadership role as a husband had led them away from church and so he had to lead the family back.
- God has placed us in roles and they have nothing to do with a hierarchy, but rather just to accomplish the things that need to be done using our God given talents.
- The spirit of God is gentle and wise and will always guide us to where we will best be served and where we can best serve as well.
- Advice – Look up because God is bigger than every circumstance and his redemption is near. There are opportunities that God puts in front of us every day and if we are aware of his calling than we will find ourselves in the place that he wants us to be. Finally, look back and see the things that God has done and remember how God has come through. Be patient and let the Lord do what he is going to do.
- Recommended Book “Raising A Modern Day Knight” by Robert Lewis
- “Dangerous Calling” by Paul David Tripp
For past shows and to learn more about the God’s Men of Influence community, check us out at www.godsmenofinfluence.org
Join us on Facebook for our daily devotionals and updates and please like our page www.facebook.com/GodsMenOfInfluence
Help us spread the Word and please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. Tell us what insights you took from this episode.